Creative Works Studio serves adults (18 years +) who are dealing mental illness and/or addictions issues, and provides:
1. Support and skill training in the area of visual and community arts.
2. Development and strengthening of skills and self-esteem.
3. Opportunity to discover artistic abilities and opportunities to market items.
4. Prevocational support and potential mentorship opportunities in the creative arts available for individual clients upon request.
The group meets Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 1:30 – 4:30 p.m., and Thursdays from 10 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. at 793 Gerrard St. East (near Logan Ave.) in Riverdale. Applicants do not need to have a background in art.
– We prioritize referrals from St. Michael’s Hospital, but we also accept referrals from other healthcare providers in Toronto.
– We currently have a wait list of 6 months – 1 year
– We have a catchment area: north to Danforth/ Bloor, south to the lake, east to Victoria Park and west to Yonge St.
– Referrals must come from a healthcare provider.
– We encourage clients who are interested to come for a tour to see the space in operation before they apply. We offer a regular tour on the last Friday of every month at 3:30pm or you can make a special appointment. Please call us to let us know you want to come for a tour at 416-465-5711.
– Prospective clients should note that if they are taken in as a client, they will be expected to attend the program within three months of intake, otherwise they will lose their space in the program and need to reapply.
– Referral forms are submitted by email to Occupational Therapist, Isabel Fryszberg at email@example.com or by mail to:
ATTN: Isabel Fryszberg
Creative Works Studio
793 Gerrard Street East
Toronto, ON M4M 1Y5
Download our referral form here: SMH Creative Works Studio Referral Form