Creative Works Studio serves adults (18 years +) who are dealing mental illness and/or addictions issues, and provides:
1. Support and skill training in the area of visual and community arts.
2. Development and strengthening of skills and self-esteem.
3. Opportunity to discover artistic abilities and opportunities to market items.
4. Prevocational support and potential mentorship opportunities in the creative arts available for individual clients upon request.
The group meets Mondays, and Wednesdays 1:30 – 4:30 p.m., Tuesdays and Fridays 10:00am – 12:30pm and 1:30 – 4:30pm, and Thursdays from 10 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. at 793 Gerrard St. East (near Logan Ave.) in Riverdale. Applicants do not need to have a background in art.
– We currently have a wait list of 6 to 8 months.
– We have a catchment area: From Eglinton south to Lakeshore Blvd.; from Islngton east to Victoria Park Ave. In North York, it goes from Allen Rd to the Don River and north to Wilson.
– Referrals must come from a healthcare provider.
– We encourage clients who are interested to come for a tour to see the space in operation before they apply. Please call us to let us know you want to come for a tour at 416 203 2711, x 7559.
– Prospective clients should note that if they are taken in as a client, they will be expected to attend the program within three months of intake, otherwise they will lose their space in the program and need to reapply.
– Referral forms are submitted by email to Bernadette, email@example.com and Janet, firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail to:
Creative Works Studio
793 Gerrard Street East
Toronto, ON M4M 1Y5
416 203 2711, x 7559 and x 7560.
To download a referral form, please click here: